Grounds has a relatively little strength while stretching, therefore, they cannot take over all the forces effecting the structures. Operating stretching forces may be taken over using geosynthetic materials – geonets, geotextile or geocomposites. These materials are used to stabilize and reinforce the ground. Essential parameters of reinforced geosynthetic materials are: their small elongations under loads and their large strength while stretching.
- reinforcement, stabilization and increase of holding power of coat bases on the road sub-grades, parking lots, railways and airports;
- mounting of bulkheads;
- mounting of steep slopes;
- mounting of dividing platforms for sub-grades on piles;
- mounting of noise suppression walls from ground;
- geosynthetic piles used for the mounting of vertical drainage on the sub-grades of roads and railways;
- restoration of landslides;
- stabilization of shores of seas, rivers and tanks.